Telecom Services for Your Business
by Fran Williamson
Telecom services, from a self-service customer perspective, can be challenging. All the providers attempt to differentiate themselves, so the way they talk about and market their services is different and often confusing. This reality takes me to a question I often get from people when I tell them about our firm and what I do for a living:
"Why would someone choose to work with GCN for their telecom services?"
At the risk of having this article appear as a shameless infomercial, I do believe there is value in working with us that goes well beyond whatever you might see as a Corporate value proposition (really overused marketing terminology).
- We don't have to sell only what we have. Individual providers will attempt to sell you what they have even if it doesn't quite fit. Why? It's because it is all they have. We represent more than 150 providers with varied solutions that enable access to the right fit for you.
- Quality is never compromised. Because we are partners with the "name brands" as well as several you may not be familiar with, service quality is never compromised as we endeavor to get you the right fit.
- You will always get the truth. Because our base of partners is so extensive, there is never a need for us to have a "careful conversation" about the solutions we bring to you. That can sometimes happen if you are working with someone that can provide only one or two options. Remember, they can only sell you what they have.
- We provide an unbiased opinion of carriers and their telecom services. Whether it is MPLS, private lines, IP transit, wireless or voice systems (including various flavors of VoIP), we do more than offer up solutions. We will provide guidance and our experienced opinion of our partner providers and their particular offerings. We want to ensure you are getting the right service from an organization that will also serve you well.
- Have you noticed how many carriers are in, or are getting into, the data center business? We source colocation and managed hosting services globally and are on top of what is happening with all the merger and acquisition activity in the industry. We know all the top players and can engage should their offerings meet your strategic needs.
- We never ask you to fit into our selling process. We learn about your business and procurement process to ensure that all of our activities fit effectively into your acquisition effort. And, we meet or exceed your project timeframes.
- When we are all done, you get one immediate GCN point of contact for all aspects of your solution, regardless of the number of moving parts.
- Did I mention you will likely save money? Our solution sourcing effort with a foundational knowledge of market pricing assures you will receive the same, if not better pricing, than if you had done all the sourcing work yourself. Someone once said "time is money." If that is true, then you will certainly always save.
- What do you pay us for our services? Nothing! The solution partner you ultimately choose will pay us a small fee for our work with you. And they typically pay us a small amount every month for as long as you are a customer, providing additional motivation for us to continue as your advocate and single point of contact. We see you as a customer for life because, should your needs change down the road, we will have other options to offer to ensure the right fit ever after.
So, the next time you have a telecom services or data center project, reach out to us and let us know about your challenge. It will only cost you less time, introductions to high quality services and less money.
GCN provides businesses, SMB to Enterprise, with voice, data, cloud, colocation and data center services solutions from over 150 partner providers worldwide. Not as the typical telecommunications agency or reseller, but as their technology advisor. We determine and tailor the best solutions to meet our customers' needs world-wide. We save our clients the time and trouble of managing one or more service providers and leverage the best solutions for them at the most cost effective price.